Community Service Programs
- Community Services Block Grant (CSBG): Provides federal funding for Community Action Agencies and other programs that seek to address poverty at the community level.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): Assists low income households, particularly those with the lowest incomes that pay a high proportion of household income for home energy, primarily in meeting their immediate home energy needs. Crisis assistance requires that at least one household member have a documented health problem and require a controlled environment.
- United States Department of Agriculture, Child Nutrition Program (USDA) – Provides healthy, nutritious meals and snacks to children enrolled in the Head Start Program.
- Alabama Business Charitable Trust: Provide financial assistance to low income individuals with financial emergencies i.e. energy assistance.
- Funds from FEMA (Emergency Food and Shelter Program) allows funds to assist clients with nutritional needs. The food pantry assists clients with emergency food
- American Red Cross-Project Share: Provide financial assistance for vital heating and cooling to the elderly and disabled.
- Diabetes Coalition: Funds from Marshall University Research Corporation to implement community-level evidence-based programs to reduce interrelated chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and poor oral health.
- WOW - Working on Wednesday
carrolltonjan28-1005-resized carrolltonjan28-1006-resized carrolltonjan28-1007-resized carrolltonjan28-1008-resized carrolltonjan28-1009-resized carrolltonjan28-1010-resized carrolltonjan28-1011-resized carrolltonjan28-1012-resized carrolltonjan28-1013-resized carrolltonjan28-1014-resized carrolltonjan28-1015-resized carrolltonjan28-1016-resized carrolltonjan28-1017-resized carrolltonjan28-1018-resized carrolltonjan28-1019-resized carrolltonjan28-1020-resized 211 erick-hill art of photo_001